Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Glendale Oak


Pamela Joy recently challenged me to get out of the house and commune artistically with nature.  I was drawn to this intimate green space tucked behind the local library branch.

Designated a "park" this tiny swatch of land in the middle of suburbia has a sundial and a couple of cement benches but it is by far dominated by an incredible tree called the Glendale Oak.

I tried to sit under it and absorb the feeling of sitting under it's leafy canopy but allergies to other local flora drove me back indoors, where I decided to create a collage of sorts to commemorate my visit to the Glendale Oak.


So, if you happen to be cruising down Metairie Rd in the 'burbs of New Orleans be sure to take a peek behind the library....

Kitty!

No comments:

Post a Comment